Memory Boxes: a garden of Reminiscence is project implemented by Deinde Ltd. within Grundtvig Programme
Implementation period: 1st August 2012 – 31st July 2014
Information about Grundtvig programme in Polish www.grundtvig.org.pl
More information on the project’s website: www.memoryboxes.altervista.org
In December 2013 Deinde Ltd. hosted organisation Prometeo from Italy for bilateral meeting.
In October 2013 meeting in Bulgaria took place. During the meeting traditional games and songs were presented by partner organisations.
In May 2013 meeting in Reggio di Calabria, Italy took place.
In January 2013 meeting in Keidaini (Lithuania) was held.
In October 2012 kick-off meeting in Olching (Germany) was organised.
In August 2012 Deinde started implementation of international project „Memory Boxes: a Garden of Reminiscence”.
O PROJEKCIE/ABOUT THE PROJECT
From the very first moment a child is born, he/she starts to memorize surroundings, sounds, smells, tastes. The first box of memory starts to be filled. Over the years, the process of memorizing keeps going on. You collect more and more pieces of memory which you sort and classify unconsciously into compartments of your mind. Lots of memories are bound to specific situations associated to feelings and sensory perception. Who does not remember the smell of a certain flower, meal, house, of the earth in different seasons? Don´t we always remember our mother´s voice, the sound of a door, a step? Hasn´t each of us got a full box of pictures with colorful landscapes, sights or events in his mind?
Next to the sensory memory we all carry in us the memory of History – especially when History caused essential changes in our life, e.g. the fall of the Berlin wall.
And we have boxes with cultural memories that should survive, have to be kept for future generations, essential cultural memories of traditions, arts, knowhow, values.
When comparing these memory boxes, what similarities and differences do we discover in the heritage of memories in Europe? Will a snowy landscape have the same meaning for a Spaniard as for a Finn? What kind of bells is more present in the memory of an Italian or a Swiss? Church bells, cow bells?
The project group intends to increase the learners´ awareness for their own different boxes of memories, to invite them to collect and select their “favorite” ones, to share them in classes and during mobilities.
Learners will improve communication, cultural and language skills and increase tolerance towards European diversity and monorities.
“Memory Boxes” will contribute to an invaluable personal and professional development of learners and tutors.
Partners in Memory Boxes are:
Deinde Ltd., Lublin, Poland
Volkshochschule Olching e.V., Olching, Germany www.vhs-olching.de – coordinator of the project
PROMETEO, Reggio di Calabria, Italy www.assprometeo.it
Ingrian Cultural Association – Inkerin kulttuuriseura, Helsinki, Finland www.inkeri.com
Kedainiu rajono besimokanciuju suaugusiuju iniciatyva „Tezauras„, Kedainiai, Lithuania
Shumenski universitet „Episkop Konstantin Preslavski”, Shumen, Bulgaria www.shu-bg.net
The Kven institute, Pyssyjoki – Børselv, Norway www.kvenskinstitutt.no
INTERNATIONAL PARTNER MEETINGS:
1) Kick-off partner meeting in Olching, Germany
Dates: October 17 – 21, 2012
Theme: Introduction, ice-breaking and establishing partnership rules
Key objectives and activities:
– get to know each other (presentations of partner organisations)
– understand and agree on the partnership rules
– adapt common working plan and tools, communication and evaluation instruments
– gathering memories, exercices connected with different senses
2) Second partner meeting in Lithuania
Dates: January 09 – 13, 2013
Key objectives and activities:
List of planned international meetings:
- 1st Germany / Olching: October 17 – 21, 2012
- 2nd Lithuania/ Kedainiai: January 09 – 13, 2013
- 3rd Italy/ Reggio di Calabria: May 8 -12, 2013
- 4th Bulgaria/ Shumen: October 23 to 27, 2013
- 5th Poland/ Lublin: March 26 to 30, 2014
- 6th Finland/ Helsinki: June 4 to 8, 2014.
– Local meeting among Deinde employees and learners introducing the project idea and describing international meetings
– Creating and updating BECOMIN webpage on Deinde website
– Local meeting among Deinde’s employees and learner’s connected with chapter „Smell of apples” of Philppe Delerm’s book „Small pleasures of life”
MEMORY BOXES, LUBLIN DECEMBER 2013
MEMORY BOXES, BULGARIA
MEMORY BOXES ITALY
MEMORY BOXES, OLCHING, GERMANY